Assistant Clinic Services Manager (2 full-time, exempt positions)
Position Reports to: Clinic Services Manager
The Assistant Clinic Services Manager will assist the Clinic Services Manager in the operation of the Clinic. In conjunction with the Clinic Services Manager, the Assistant Clinic Services Manager will supervise the clinic staff; assist in maintaining quality control standards and the facilitation of the smooth flow of clients and patients to ensure minimum patient waiting time; assist in the performance of all patient care responsibilities as required, including appointment scheduling, patient check-in and check-out process, preparation of patient/client for clinician visit, medical record management and filing, tracking and filing of diagnostic studies and completion of end-of-day close process. The Assistant Clinic Services Manager will work within the organization by interacting well with patients, clients, staff members and providers.
- Assists in maintaining an operating environment that assures effective, efficient, safe operation of the clinic and responds to the patients’ and clinicians’ needs.
- Assists in monitoring and analyzing patient appointment schedules and patient care operations to identify problems or issues preventing the smooth patient flow.
- Assists in monitoring the appointment schedule to ensure the schedule reflects the ability to provide patient care services in a timely manner.
- Assists in reviewing clinician/staff schedule and management of patient care responsibilities and discuss identified issues and recommendations with the Clinic Services Manager.
- Assists in monitoring and changing staff time schedules to ensure the appropriate availability of staff needed to allow the delivery of effective and efficient patient care services at the time of the first scheduled appointment of the day.
- Evaluates patient check-in and checkout process to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Assists the Clinic Services Manager with, interviewing, hiring and training staff.
- Assists the Clinic Services Manager with scheduling and performing OSHA training. Ensures compliance to the Exposure Control Program and generation of training records.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship with the clinicians.
- Coordinates the procuring of medical, office supplies and equipment with the appropriate staff to ensure the availability of adequate equipment and supplies required to provide patient care services.
- Assists the Clinic Services Manager in ensuring timely repairs and proper functioning of office and medical equipment.
- Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties. Participates in the planning and evaluation of patient/client care.
- Ensures correct documentation and recording of all pertinent information in the patient’s chart.
- Ensures appropriate level of support provided to clinician or physician during examinations, treatments, and procedures. Ensures staff maintenance of aseptic technique during all procedures and treatments.
- Ensures clinical staff observes, record and report patient/client condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to provider.
- Monitors preparation of examination rooms; sterilizes instruments for tests according to established procedure daily to include thorough cleaning equipment and examination rooms after each procedure.
- Takes action(s) necessary to maintain smooth patient flow and informs Clinics Services Manager of issues affecting the ability to deliver timely patient care within industry standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures; strictly adheres to policies and procedures.
- Monitors staff management of incoming telephone calls to providers. Ensures communication of correct instructions to patient, client and family regarding medications and treatments including documentation of instructions/advice in the patient medical record.
- Monitors strict adherence to universal precautions as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, DHS/OA and SBFHC.
- Supports and participates in continuing education and other appropriate experiences to improve professional competence.
- Maintains patient/client confidentiality; demonstrates complete discretion when discussing patient information.
- Always presents a positive and professional demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager, clinician, physician or administrator at required clinical area.
Education and Experience – One year supervisory experience in a medical office, clinic or other health care facility; High School Diploma or GED; current CPR certification; completion of an accredited medical assistant program, preferred; bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Knowledge – Knowledge of modern outpatient clinic methods; basic medical assessment techniques, medical equipment and instruments used to administer care.
Ability – Must have strong positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely and maintain cooperative relationships with staff members and providers; ability to relate and communicate well with a diverse patient population and work within a team setting and with volunteers; organized and able to problem solve. Flexibility with work sites and schedules.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Extensive standing and walking. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequent exposure to potentially infectious agents, communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparation and other conditions common to a physician’s office. Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.