Medical Assistant (2 part-time, non-exempt positions)
Position Reports To: Clinic Services Manager
A Medical Assistant will prepare patient/client for clinician visit; review medical assessment and history forms; perform general nursing duties and oversee receipt of diagnostic studies; provide assigned program health education information within funding program guidelines to SBFHC clients and community members; receive, register and assess patients for program placement; confirm third party eligibility; remind patients of appointments, collect donations and answer phones; facilitate the smooth flow of clients and patients and work within the organization by interacting well with patients, clients, staff members and providers. Perform other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Diploma/Certificate of completion from an accredited Medical Assisting program.
- At least 6 months work experience in a clinic, medical office or other health care facility.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to relate and communicate well with a diverse patient population.
- Must be flexible with work sites and schedules