The Pediatrician provides primary pediatric care to SBFHC’s patients including patient assessment, physical examination, ordering/performing necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests, proficiency testing, prescribing and dispensing medications in compliance with SBFHC’s established medical protocols; provides clinical case management support to staff providers; interfaces with management to provide clinical input on the development and implementation of policies and procedures; and meets with staff providers on an ongoing, regular basis to discuss concerns and opportunities for care improvements.
- Valid license in state of California with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity.
- Current Board Certification in Pediatrics.
- Current DEA license
- Current CPR certification, health care provider.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art medical, scientific and treatment methods in area of specialty, and an awareness of medical, educational and psychosocial intervention procedures.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate well with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to work within a team setting and with volunteers.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Flexibility with work sites and schedules.